We are definitely still using all of our favorites from the first 2 months, but these 3 and 4 month favorites have all been great additions! Over the holidays, Ellen has accumulated quite a collection of toys to keep her happy for a good long while!
1. Nose Frida and Saline Drops – These both have been a huge help to us since Ellen has gotten sick TWICE in the past 2 months. Not fun. We tried the bulb syringe, which works just fine, but I really just don’t like sticking that thing in her nose. The nose frida is large enough that it barely goes in the nose and removes much more of the boogies than the bulb did. The saline was good to loosen everything up a bit in order to suck it all out (ewww gross…i know)
2. The SnugaMonkey – At first, Ellen was too small to use this, but once she could hold her head steady, she loved it! We love to hang her Sassy links and Bright Starts Zebra from it in addition to the monkeys that are already there.
3. Rainforest Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym – Fancy Schmancy. This thing plays music, has lights underneath, and has multiple loops to hang toys and rattles. It also has to be one of the cutest ones I’ve seen! She just got this for Christmas and is great for babies once they can really focus on stuff. She is now starting to grab at the toys and loves looking at herself in the little mirror!
4. Peek-a-boo Forest soft book – So cute, parts of it has that crinkly paper sound, and she loves to smush her face into the pages!
5. Sassy Ring o’ links – Loves to put these in her mouth and just have them in her hands constantly. Sassy also makes some other great products, like their little jingle bugs you can hang from the car seat.
6. Carter’s socks – These are my new favorite! So many different styles and colors and I always buy a bit larger so they will fit up over her pants (which also helps to keep the socks from sliding off)
7. Costco hand towels – These are great and we have about 3 packs. There are towels lying all over our house for the occasional accident or spit-up.
8. Disney movies – I don’t know who loves them more….Ellen or I. Our new favorite is the Princess and the Frog! I just love the whole style of the movie! Some other favorites of Ellen’s are Tangled, Mary Poppins, and Fantasia.
9. Bright Starts Zebra – This is great to hang from the car seat or the snugamonkey. She loves to tug at the little links.
10. Butt balm – We had our first horrible case of diaper rash this past month. We tried just about every kind of cream you could think of. Sometimes, 3 different kinds all at the same time! Desitin, Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, Dr. Smith’s, Aquaphor, and something my dad recommended….Bag Balm.