A lot of our favorites from the past 2 months have been lifesavers with all the new developments in Ellen’s motor skills. It’s hard to believe 6 months ago, she was just a small, helpless infant….and NOW, she can sit up, make sounds, reach and grab for things. It is truly amazing.
1. Boogie Wipes – The boogies are never-ending. They are always there. I wipe her nose and 5 minutes later, they are BACK! Where are they coming froooommmmm?! These boogie wipes are the best invention ever. They smell GREAT and must have some magic boogie grabbing magnets in them.
2. Rainforest Jumperoo – When we first got this, Ellen’s feet couldn’t even touch the floor. Now she is bouncing, almost to the ceiling. She LOVES this thing. She has also just recently discovered the parrot and frog hanging from above and it is her new mission in life to get those things.
3. O-Ball Clickity Twist– Really, any of the O-Ball toys are great! They are lightweight and so easy for her to grab and hold on to. Also very easy to clean….which we do repeatedly because it is ALWAYS in her mouth.
4. Boppy – We have now started using this on the floor to help Ellen sit up on her own. She still hasn’t quite mastered sitting upright without assistance, so this helps during playtime when she starts leaning over.
5. Munchkin Soft Tip Spoons– We started feeding E solids right near 5 months, and these spoons are really great. Fun colors, soft tip. And they come 6 in a pack!
6. IKEA Kalas Bowls– I love love love having an IKEA so close to home. They really have some steals, including these great bowls. $2 for six bowls. We also got the plates as well.
7. Orajel – Great for quick pain relief when Ellen is having a rough time with teething. I don’t go crazy….just a little dab any time she is a little fussier than normal, or right before bedtime.
8. Dribble Bibs – With teething comes LOTS and LOTS of drool. These are a great alternative to regular bibs, because she can throw her arms around all she wants and it won’t pop back up in her face. Etsy is the perfect place to find these, in all different shapes, sizes, patterns, and prices.
9. Freddie the Firefly – We’ve moved on from the zebra to Freddie here. He has a ton of different textures to feel, crinkly wings, and a great teething toy to gnaw on. He goes everywhere with us.
10. Bumbo – We love the bumbo! Ever since E could hold her head up, she was sitting in the bumbo. We currently use it for feeding, only because she is more comfortable sitting in it than her high chair (which is still a little big for her). It’s also easy to transport and wipe down if things get a little messy.